JISRF/Reconstructive Review Advertising Policies
Reconstructive Review accepts advertising for the journal, its website, and email publication alerts. Acceptable ads are relevant to the orthopaedic industry, specifically reconstructive arthroplasty. The appearance of advertising does not indicate or imply endorsement of the advertised company or product, nor is advertising ever allowed to influence editorial content. For more information on advertising in Reconstructive Review please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reconstructive Review has the right to refuse any advertisement that, in its sole discretion, is incompatible with its mission or inconsistent with the values of members, the publication/web site or the organization as a whole, and to stop accepting any advertisement previously accepted. Ads are subject to review by the Editor-in-Chief and the Managing Editor.
- Advertisements new to Reconstructive Review may require pre-approval before they can appear.
- Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate claims. For products not regulated by the FDA or other government agency, technical and/or scientific documentation may be required.
- Ads for products not approved by the FDA that make any kind of health claims must carry the following disclaimer: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."
- While Reconstructive Review welcomes and encourages information-rich advertising, advertisements, advertising icons and advertiser logos must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content and may require special labeling to distinguish them as such.
- In Reconstructive Review the intentional placement of advertising adjacent to articles discussing the company or product that is the subject of the ad is prohibited.
- The full rules for any market research or promotion associated with an advertisement must be displayed in the ad or available via a prominent link.
- The following online advertising formats are prohibited:
- Pop-ups and floating ads.
- Advertisements that collect personally identifiable information from visitors without their knowledge or permission.
- Ads that extend across or down the page without the visitor having clicked or rolled-over the ad.
- Ads that send visitors to another site without the visitor having clicked the ad.
Reconstructive Review's published advertising policies are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time without notice.
Reconstructive Review is the official journal of the Joint Implant Surgery & Research Foundation. JISRF specializes in clinical and surgical orthopedic study groups, and product development for the advancement of total hip, knee, and shoulder surgery. The Foundation has a long rich history in the area of total hip, total knee, patella-femoral and total shoulder reconstructive surgery.
Founded in 1971 by Professor Charles O. Bechtol, MD, JISRF's mission has remained the same - to operate for scientific purposes by conducting research into the continuous improvements of medical and surgical methods and materials, with the ultimate goal of preserving and restoring the joints of the human body and associated structures which are threatened or impaired by defects, lesions, or diseases.
For more information about JISRF please visit our website at jisrf.org.